by Tami Lewis Brown (Author) and Francois Roca (Illustrator)
Booktalk: In this biography, a young girl learns to fly…becomes the youngest licensed pilot in the United States!
In 1917, some girls played with their dolls. They played house and hopscotch, jump rope and jacks.
But one little girl wanted more. Elinor Smith was born to soar.
This week’s Nonfiction Monday Round-up is here at Picture Book of the Day!
1.Rasco from RIF (My First ABC)
2. Shelf- employed (Good Sports: Baseball Heroes)
3. Great Kid Books (Can We Save the Tiger?)
4. Kidlit Celebrates Women’s History Month 2011
5. NC Teacher Stuff (Why Do Elephants Need the Sun?)
6. Bookish Blather (The Brave Escape of Edith Wharton)
7. Amanda: A Patchwork of Books (Wild Baby Animals)
8. Jean Little Library (Out of sight by Pittau)
9. Lynn Rutan (13 Planets: The Latest View of the Solar System by David Aguilar)
10. Doret (Play Ball Jackie)
11. Ms Mac (Totally Human)
12. Simply Science (Grasslands About Habitats)
13. The Well- Read Child (Amelia Lost)
14. Books Dogs and Frogs (Black Elk’s Vision)
15. Jennie from Biblio File (Good, Bad, Barbie)
16. True Tales & A Cherry On Top (Soar, Elinor)
17. Fourth Musketeer (You Forgot Your Skirt Amelia Bloomer!)
18. Carrie’s Comfy Cozy Reading Nook (A Wizard from the Start)
19. Roberta@ Wrapped in Foil (The Book of Potentially Catastrophic Science)
20. Andromeda Jazmon (Freight Train app)
21. Picture Books & Pirouettes (Historical Fiction– Mirandy and Brother Wind)
22. The Cath in the Hat (Elliot’s Extraordinary Cookbook)
23. Alex @ The Children’s War (Strange but True Stories of World War II)
24. Janet Squires (Bone Detective)
25. Challenging the Bookworm (Soar, Elinor!)
26. Abby the Librarian (Queen of the Falls)
Add your post to the round-up by clicking on the link below. Please write the title of your book or topic (in parentheses) after your name so Mr. Linky makes a hotlink for it. I’ll post the links on this page as the day goes on. Thanks!
Connect with me on my new Facebook
Copyright © 2011 Anastasia Suen All Rights Reserved.